Regulations of the “Skrivanek Baltic Language School” Education Centre
Issued in Accordance with the Civil Law, Law on Protection of Consumer Rights and Other Effective Regulatory Enactments
- Language Courses for Private Entities -
1. The present regulations constitute an integral part of the agreement between the Client and the Contractor.
2. The commercial conditions may be amended or supplemented only by a written agreement between the parties. Such amendments or supplements signed by both parties become an integral part of the agreement.
Subject of the Agreement
1. The subject of the agreement is foreign language courses for private entities provided by the Contractor within the specified period of time (hereinafter referred to as the “Courses”).
2. The Contractor undertakes to comply with the requirements of the commercial conditions of the Courses.
Terms for the Courses Taking Place
1. The Client is under obligation to accept the order at the time and in the kind determined within the description of the Courses.
2. In the event it is impossible to carry out the Courses due to a plausible reason, the Contractor is entitled to choose another method of ensuring the Courses. The Client shall be informed thereof in advance.
3. In the event the Client refuses the Courses without a plausible reason recognised by both parties, the Courses shall be considered to have been carried out and the Contractor is entitled to request compensation in line with Article 1 of Part 3 of the commercial conditions. The Client is under obligation to settle payments for such Courses.
1. Calculation of the contractual price is based on the Pricelist of Courses for legal entities, which constitutes an integral part of the commercial conditions, determined by the Contractor and effective during the respective period of time.
2. The prices in the Pricelist are indicated in Latvian lats (LVL) excluding VAT. In the event the prices of services are changed during the course of carrying out the order due to various reasons, the Contractor is under the obligation to inform the Client thereof at least one calendar month in advance.
Procedure for Settlements
1. The Contractor is under the obligation to issue the payment document to the Client at the moment of ordering the Courses.
2. Payment for the Courses is settled on the basis of the payment document issued by the Contractor and becoming effective on the day indicated in the document.
3. In the event the Client delays the deadline for settling the payment document, a contractual penalty shall be calculated at 0.5% of the amount of the outstanding payment per each day of delay.
4. In the event of delaying any payment stipulated in the agreement, the Client's payments are firstly transferred to settling the contractual penalty, and the remaining amount is transferred to resolve the respective debt.
Termination of the Agreement
1. The Client is entitled to refuse to comply with the obligations stipulated herein with a written notice to the Contractor, including e-mail. The parties agree that in such event the Client settles the withdrawal payment to the Contractor to the extent of 30% of the price of language courses, if the refusal is made earlier than one calendar week prior to commencement of the Courses, and which at the same time is a compensation for revoking the order, or to the extent of 50% of the price of language courses if the refusal is made later than seven calendar days prior to commencement of the language Courses. The payment shall be settled on the date of filing the application for termination of the agreement.
2. If the Classes have been already partially paid for, the Client is charged for 50% of the ordered and uncompleted price of language Courses and the price for the Courses carried out until the date the Contractor has agreed to terminate the agreement.
3. If the agreement is terminated upon the Client’s initiative, he/she is under obligation to settle the full price for the lessons attended.
4. The parties are released from responsibility for noncompliance with the contractual obligations due to such force majeure or unanticipated conditions, which the relevant party (or both parties together) were unable to foresee, prevent or influence, and provided that the parties are not responsible for causing such conditions.
1. Complaints are accepted in writing only. The reason for filing a complaint and flaws detected shall be indicated in the complaint.
2. If the Contractor recognizes the complaint as substantiated, it shall prevent the flaws at its own expense. In such event the Client is entitled to request another lecturer, additional lectures and a discount for the price of Courses. The complaint shall be reviewed in one month’s time.
Period for Filing Complaints
1. The period for filing a complaint is two years.
2. If the complaint is filed after the specified period the Client loses its rights to receive compensation.
1. The parties shall settle any dispute, disagreement or claim arising from the agreement concluded by the parties and relating to its violation, termination or invalidity through negotiations according to the procedure stipulated herein. If such settlement is impossible, all disputes shall be settled according to the procedure stipulated in the regulatory enactments of the Republic of Latvia.
2. The commercial conditions are binding on both contractual parties.
3. The present commercial conditions are deemed to be the commercial conditions of the “Skrivanek Baltic Language School” Education Centre, reg. No. 40003626172, legal address: Dzirnavu Street 57a-1, Riga, LV-1010, and constitute an integral part of the service agreement.
4. The present commercial conditions become effective on 1 July 2010.